Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What a night!


Well I'm not sure where to begin. I'm so sleepy that I really cannot collect my thoughts. I'll give it my best shot. Remember recently talking about schedules?? Well last night is a prime example of why they are so hard. Both girls went down about 7:30-8. Isi was up 9, 10, 11, 12, and 1am. Steve was up with her every time and at 1:00 I got up because Isi had woke Oli up. They were both crying. This is why we cannot do the "let them cry" thing everyone talks about. So I got Isi and gave her symax and put her in bed with me. I am a VERY light sleeper so I was up every 30 minutes to hour checking on her and making sure I didn't roll over on her. I know she shouldn't be in bed with me, but at 1 O'clock in the morning, you're desperate. She finally fell asleep but was back up at 4:30. I put her back in her bed thinking she would just play in there for a while. Steve was asleep on the floor in their room. When Isi spotted him trying to leave the room about 5:30, she let out a scream. She was up for the day!

Needless to say, Steve and I are wiped out! Last night was a rare occurence, but Isi is getting up at least once in the night. We assume it's because she is needing the calories. She is only drinking about 14-16 ounces of formula a day. This is so not enough. The books say 24-32 ounces a day. So we have taken her back to the gastroenterologist. She thinks we may have to scope (upper GI) her to figure out what is wrong. But first we are going to try upping her dose of prevacid. We have already tried putting her back on 30 calorie formula and thickner. I hate it but I want her to feel and eat better.

I am nervous about the scope because she will be sedated. It's not good for adults, much less a tiny little infant! Stay tuned.